You can easily register on RosettaHUB and get a fully managed GCP or AWS cloud account. Once you register to RossettaHUB, you will get an initial minimal budget automatically transferred to you from the administrator of your institution.
Your cloud account budget will be equal budget transfers that you receive from colleagues or system administrators plus the sum of all cloud credits that you redeem on your cloud account via RosettaHUB.
(1) Application via dedicated website
- Find your organization's dedicated website: where subdomain is the subdomain of your institution on RosettaHUB
- Fill in the registration form
- You will receive an email from us (firstname.lastname@example.org), please read the terms and conditions and click on the link to confirm that you accept them and verify your email
Email verification and terms
Subject: RosettaHUB Application: Please verify your email
RosettaHUB provides ABC's members with federated access to public clouds. Please click on the link below to confirm that you accept the terms and conditions and create your new account.
Please read the terms and conditions below.
Click on this link to proceed:
After clicking on the link, you will receive an email from us with your login and password to RosettaHUB.
It is important that you verify your email by clicking the link we sent you. Unverified applications cannot be processed.
If you do not find our emails in your mailbox, please check you spam/promotions folder.
4. You will receive an email from us with your RosettaHUB credentials. The validation of your application is done by the administrators of your institution's account.
Your institution may opt-in to autmatically validate your application if you register with a whitelisted email domain, in this case your account credentials will be sent shortly after verifying your email address.
Subject: Your RosettaHUB account is ready
Welcome to RosettaHUB! You have been granted an account as a member of ABC.
Your login is: rose.martin
Your password is: y7GpuTnyi?Lku
The RosettaHUB team
5. Login to https://www.rosettahub.com and get started with your new cloud account using your login/email and your RosettaHUB password by clicking the Sign In button or directly from https://www.rosettahub.com/console/Logon.aspx
You can easily reset your password anytime using this link. RosettaHUB supports single sign-on using Google OAuth 2 or Okta
(2) Manager uploads registrations from an Excel spreadsheet
As an organization manager, you can add registrations by filling in these excel templates and uploading them to the Registrations panel
- Researchers template https://bit.ly/rh-researchers
- Educators template: https://bit.ly/rh-educators
- ITs template: https://bit.ly/rh-its
- Students template: https://bit.ly/rh-students
Fill one of the files depending you the type of users you would like to register
In the last column "sub-organization", you can input the name of an organization that you manage. If left blank, users will be added to the root organization (you would need to have the CPOC role on the root organization).
Click Upload registrations
Click Browse and select one of the files that you have created
Click Upload Registrations, If you would like to check the file only click the corresponding checkbox. You will receive an automatic detailed report via email which explains which registrations were processed and which ones were not and the reason, you will be able to update the file and upload it again to correct for any incorrect or missing values.
- Users will appear in the Registrations panel and will receive an email from us to verify their email and accept the RosettaHUB terms and conditions
- Once users verify their email, they get an automatic welcome email from us with their login and password to RosettaHUB. They can login to https://www.rosettahub.com and get started with their new cloud account using your login/email and your RosettaHUB password by clicking the Sign In button or directly from https://www.rosettahub.com/console/Logon.aspx. If the users have registered with emails that have Google accounts, they can use their Google credentials to sign in with RosettaHUB.
(3) Basic Programmatic registration
It mimics the creation of users by a spreadsheet upload. After running the code, users will receive an email from RosettaHUB to verify their email and accept the Ts&Cs, once their emails are verified they get automatically processed and allocated a cloud account and receive an email from RosettaHUB with their credentials (steps 6 and 7 from the spreadsheet upload process) .
Install the Python module zeep
(1) Manager creates users from the RosettaHUB portal
As an organization manager, you can add users directly from the Users panel
Click on Create User Button in the Users panel
Input first name, last name, email and password
Select the organization to which the user will be added
Select the user Type
- Input an initial budget for the user, the budget will be transferred from the root cloud acocunt
Select the Root Cloud Account to create a cloud account for the user which is derived from the selected root cloud account
- Click the checkbox to confirm that you have the consent of the users to be added to the platform
- Click create
After about one minute, the user will be created and will be assigned a sub-cloud account of the selected root cloud account. the user does not receive a welcome email, but you can send the user an email with a link to reset their credentials using the action "Send Credentials" user Actions → Email
(2) Light Programmatic Registration (using Python)
To create a new user programmatically all you need is to install the zeep Python module.
Install the Python module zeep
It mimics the creation of a user from the RosettaHUB portal. It does not require users to verify their emails and gives the manager the option of setting a user password and of allocating or not allocating a cloud account to the new member.
All you need to do is run a code similar to the one below by inputting the user's first name, last name, email, password, type, organization, root cloud account uid and initial budget. Your root cloud accounts can be found in the panel My Cloud Accounts